Seizures
Seizing is probably electrical stuff in the brain gone wrong. There's probably fat derangement involved.
Fat is like the stuff you coat electric wires in. It's probably why the brain is the highest cholesterol organ in the human body: There's electrical activity in the grey matter and it's insulated by cholesterol to make it functional.
If you improve electrolytes status without improving fat status, you probably end up running more electricity through the brain without added protection and this likely fosters seizing.
People with CF get badly shocked. We suffer from electrolyte issues and misprocess fats.
Leather shoes may help ground someone with such issues. Walking barefoot on the right kind of ground can help.
I slept in a tent for nearly six years with very little between me and the ground and that improved how grounded I was. I don't get shocked so bad anymore. I was also working on my nutritional status at the same time.
B5 I think is how you build cholesterol in house but I ate bacon, eggs, flat bread and butter.
If you are Jewish or Muslim and don't do pork, you can still have eggs and butter. If there's lactose intolerance, you can clarify butter.
You MAY be able to use topical coconut oil safely. It's absorbed through the skin and high in medium chain triglycerides.
Speculation: It's possible topical coconut oil will help improve fat status with less issue than oral intake because it MAY let the body screen out types of MCT medium chain triglycerides.
MCT oil is beneficial for CF. Coconut oil and butter are good sources.
I'm a butter fiend and I clarified it when I was super sick.
I eat cheese but I'm not big on milk. It's typical for people with CF to have some issues with dairy. Goat or sheep cheese may be better tolerated.
Feta is a Greek salty cheese. I like feta because it's salty and I need the salt and it's from goat milk, I think.
Romano is exactly like Parmesan but it's from sheep milk. I used to keep that in the house.
See also Epilepsy posts on Formulary of Life.
Comments